1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by going to http://www.nc811.org/marqueechallenge.html and submitting their photos or videos via the contest entry form. For video submissions please upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and provide us the link when you fill out the contest entry form. We also encourage your fire station to share this contest by posting your pics and videos on social media sites and using the hashtag #NC811FireStation. The contest will run from April1st, 2017 to April 30th 2017. All completed submissions must be received no later than April 30th, 2017 at 11:59pm. Your banner or marquee must also be in front of your fire station in view of the public for the entire month of April.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of North Carolina 811 their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: One first prize winner will be selected. Employees of North Carolina 811 will judge the contest. Submissions will be judged on their creativity and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: Grand prize will be $1,000 Cash. There will be also be 2 honourable mentions that will receive a gas grill, estimated value to be determined.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Date to be selected upon completion of the contest. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant NC811 a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participant’s represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant NC811 the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participant’s in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
b. North Carolina 811 is under no obligation to use any submission or return the submissions to participant’s.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of North Carolina 811. North Carolina 811 reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK OR TWITTER: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter and release Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to North Carolina 811 and not to Facebook or Twitter, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and to inform you about special offers from North Carolina 811 and our trusted partners.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. North Carolina 811 in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: North Carolina 811 is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, North Carolina 811 may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release North Carolina 811 from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Fire Station Marquee Challenge, North Carolina 811, 2300 W. Meadowview Road, Suite 227, Greensboro, NC 27407.
Louis Panzer, Executive Director of NC811 is
asking fire stations across the state to show their
support during the month of April by reminding their
community members to call North Carolina 811 at
“811” before any digging project – large or small.
One free call to 811 three full working days prior to
digging starts the process of having underground
utility lines marked. This simple call reduces the
chance of diggers unintentionally striking a utility line
(gas, electric, communications, water or sewer) and
causing inconvenient outages, harm to themselves or
someone else, and/or repair costs.
Louis asks that you simply post a brief reminder to call 811 on the marquee in front of your fire station during April.
Here are a few examples to consider:
• Know what’s below. Call 811 before you dig.
• Digging soon? Call 811 first.
• April is Safe Digging Month. Call 811 before you dig.
• Call 811 or you may be calling 911.
Don't have a marquee at your location? You can still take part in spreading the message by contacting us for a free banner to hang up outside your station. Free banners only available until March 31st.
Photos of signs with the safety message will be posted on our website, social media sites and included in our communications to contractors and homeowners.
Winners will be chosen in May. Read contest rules below for further information.
Executive Director NC811
YOUR FIRE STATION COULD WIN $1,000